Connect with us
                               

News

See Resul As Arsenal Fail In Nketiah Red-card Appeal

Published

on




Arsenal have failed in their appeal against Eddie Nketiah’s red card versus Leicester, meaning he will now serve a three-game suspension.

Nketiah endured a night to forget as the Gunners were held to a 1-1 draw by the Foxes at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night.

The 21-year-old was introduced to the action as a second-half substitute, but only lasted four minutes on the pitch before being given his marching orders by match official Chris Kavanagh.

The Arsenal striker was initially shown a yellow card for his high challenge on Leicester defender James Justin, but Kavanagh pulled out a red after consulting VAR.


The Gunners attempted to get the decision overturned on the grounds of wrongful dismissal, but the FA have now officially upheld Nketiah’s three-match ban.

He will now miss upcoming Premier League fixtures against Tottenham and Liverpool, while also sitting out the FA Cup semi-final clash against Manchester City on July 18.

Nketiah has been a bright spark in Mikel Arteta’s squad since returning to the Emirates in January following a frustrating loan spell at Leeds.

The England U21 international has hit four goals in his last 13 appearances, the latest of which came during a 2-0 victory away at Southampton last month.

He has proved himself as a more than capable backup forward behind Pierre-Emerick Aubameyeng and Alexandre Lacazette this year, but Arsenal will have to cope without him as they head into the final weeks of the season.

Arteta questioned the use of video technology in the wake of Nketiah’s dismissal against Leicester, telling Sky Sports post-match:

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Ex-president, Goodluck Jonathan’s daughter, Faith welcomes baby boy

Published

on




Faith Edward, the first daughter to a former president of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, and her husband have welcomed another child.


The proud father, Prince Godswill shared the photos of the newborn on his Instagram page.

He referred to his baby boy as a new addition to the P7 dynasty as he appreciated God for the awesome gift.

“I give God almighty the praise, for the awesome gift of a bouncing baby boy. Help me welcome the new Prince of the P7 dynast,” his post read.

Congratulatory messages have been pouring in from fans and well wishers since he shared the post.



Continue Reading

News

FG apologies for misleading directive on filling of Self-Certification forms

Published

on





The Federal Government of Nigeria has issued an apology for “misleading” information on self-certification forms shared via its official Twitter handle on Thursday.


FG in tweets (now deleted) ordered Nigerians with accounts across financial institutions to obtain, complete and submit Self – Certification Forms to their respective financial institutions.

However, following the controversy generated by the directive, the Federal Government apologised for the earlier information.

It explained that the filing of Self-Certification forms “does not apply to everybody” according to a notice by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).

“We apologize for the misleading tweets (now deleted) that went up yesterday, regarding the completion of self-certification forms by Reportable Persons.

“The message contained in the @firsNigeria Notice does not apply to everybody.

“FIRS will issue appropriate clarification shortly,” it said.


Continue Reading

News

Three Farmers Abducted By Gunmen In Taraba

Published

on



Three farmers were abducted by gunmen, suspected to be kidnappers, while working in their farms.

The incident happened at a farming area along Sabongida-Dananacha in Gassol local government area of Taraba State, Monday.



Three other farmers, including a cripple also working in their farms, narrowly escaped.

One of the farmers who escaped, Mallam Muhammadu Sabongida, told Daily Trust that they were working in their farms at about 8am Monday, when they noticed movement of gunmen coming towards them.

Muhammadu said when they noticed the gunmen approaching them, they abandoned their farming tools and started running, adding that the gunmen also gave them a hot chase.

According to him, they ran for several kilometres inside the bush where they took cover under big trees.

Daily Trust further gathered that three other farmers from the same town, who were working in their farms, were not that lucky.

The farmers, a Tiv, a Fulani and a Hausa man, working separately in their farms, were abducted by the gunmen almost at the same time.
Continue Reading

Trending

DMCA.com Protection Status

php shell download
istanbul escort


karşıyaka escort
c99 shell